Vattenfall Europe Windkraft GmbH
Working students for our Business Development Team in Business Area Wind (f/m/d)
- Online seit 21.07.2021
For our Vattenfall Business Area Wind we are now looking for two
Working students for our Business Development Team in BA Wind
for our office in Berlin or Hamburg.
The unit Business Development in Business Area Wind is responsible for creating new businesses for Vattenfall in the renewable energy market with a focus on renewable hydrogen, multi-technology renewable parks and industry decarbonisation. In addition to that we do also serve as BA Winds innovation telescope to find and develop opportunities at the outskirts of today’s core business. We work in an entrepreneurial and agile way and cooperate with established companies as well as with startups to establish new offers to clients and drive the energy turnaround.
1. Working student for the “New Business” Team
The team is constantly looking for new business models and services to offer to Business Area Wind customers to accelerate fossil free living within one generation. The aim is to identify and develop 2-3 business projects that are strategically relevant and create a promising revenue stream.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Help to develop new business opportunities
- Evaluate new developments in the energy industry and identify innovative business opportunities
- Support our team in day-to-day Business (project management)
- Manage small projects in the daily operations of the new business innovation team
- Communication towards stakeholders
- Creation of effective communication materials, e. g. reports and documents
2. Working student for the “Multi-technology Renewable Park” Team
Multi-technology parks combine different technologies at the same location. The team is developing the strategic concept, the governance and processes as well as the IT model to design and optimize these multi-technology parks in our core markets.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Support the further development of the IT model strategically and technically
- Software development for the IT model
- Develop and conduct tests with and for the IT model
- Support the team in day-to-day Business (analysis of technologies, presentations etc.)
Requirements and desired skills
- You are an active team player as well as self-motivated, proactive with a can-do attitude
- Student of RES technology, economics, computer science or a comparable course of studies - at least in the fifth semester of the Bachelor's degree or in the Master's degree
- Hands-on person with the ability to communicate clearly
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Independent and structured way of working
- Pragmatic personality, performance-oriented with ability to prioritize
- Microsoft Office 365 knowledge
- Longer-term engagement (no short-term assignments)
Additional for the Multi-technology Renewable Park” Team
- Good skills in programming with Python and/or Matlab
- Initial experience with testing procedures (unit testing)
- Nice to have: Experience in collaborative software development (e.g. Git)
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and the largest producer of heat. The Parent Company, Vattenfall AB, is fully owned by the Swedish state. Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like Solar and Batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK.
Starting date is as soon as possible. Your application should contain a covering letter, CV and current grade reports.For more information about the job and the department you are welcome to contact the hiring manager Franziska Schuth, via E-mail: franziska.Schuth@vattenfall.de. For more information about the recruitment process, please contact our recruiter Pia Preusser via phone: +49 152 21788394
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our FAQ list in advance.
Due to GDPR regulations, we kindly request that you only apply via our website. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to receiving your application!
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- Nach Vereinbarung
- Vattenfall Europe Windkraft GmbH
- 22297 Hamburg, Deutschland
- Frau Pia Preusser